Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dead Giving Life

Two fabulous things recently came from the death of this tree (and if you ask my mom, it's been dead a long, long time...) :


roaring fires at night and an advent tree. I can take ZERO credit for our first ever advent tree (my advent calendars in the past always simply included chocolate - what's not to love?!) -- all of it goes to Hillary. I just utterly ripped off her fabulous idea and didn't listen to those voices in my head that said, "This is a lot of work. You have gifts to buy and lunches to make...!" Lo and behold, 24 hours later, the advent tree was born, with a verse for every day this month, leading up to Christ's birth. Grant reads one each night at dinner. I must say, it's the highlight of my day. Funny how that dead tree gives life to our home every night.




84. roaring fires
85. twinkly christmas lights
86. The Bible!
87. Abby's open ears when daddy reads

2 comments:

Lori said...

To know the three of you
Is to love you ALL
You are a Blessing To All
May GOD fill your House
with Blessings and Happy Days
Always
One of your fans

hill said...

I LOVE IT.
so fab. especially that little bit of cranberry sticking out.
xoxo.