Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Panties!

As I mentioned the other day, we finally went shopping for big girl panties. (Side note: Those of you who know me well will be shocked that I use the word "panties." I hate that word. But when it is in reference to little girls, the word seems to fit. So sue me. I've changed. But I still -and always will- wear underwear. There. Now you know.) This meant driving to the next town over (hello, Glendale!) to go to the H&M to find little girl size 1-2. I can't find tiny panties anywhere else (smaller than size 2). Go ahead. Look. Online. In stores. And lemme know. It's tough being tiny, I tell you. So, off we went and there were lots of "yes, mom" and "okay, mom" and "sure, mom" and "thank you, mom" all morning in anticipation. The girl can turn on the charm. She was pretty excited for someone who won't commit to going only in the potty. Hence, the panties. Hoping they will help!


We parked and were in and out of that place in less than 15 minutes. And for the Americana, this is a feat (not to be confused with "feet" and Abby's new favorite book)! Once we left, all she could talk about was how she put her hands in the fountain and someone came over and told her "not to do that, please." Which left her feeling like this:


Update on bookcamp potty training tomorrow!

349. malted chocolate chip cookies
350. oxyclean
351. so you think you can dance (i'm hooked!)
352. encouragement from people you've never met (via the web)

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Well, now everyone knows!!!! Don't use the word Panties for grown-up ladies... only little girls...

I'm praying Abby will decided she wants to wear panties and all the requirements that brings and moves on to other things to master!! :)

Love you all, Little Grandma

Matt said...

Love that you broke down in called them Panties. I still remember sitting in your red GTI in high school and hearing your aversion to that word. Love that Abby broke down the barrier. Good luck!
XO, Katie

Erika Jahnke said...

When I saw the title of this post (which I won't say), I couldn't believe it. Think we allmhated that word growing up. I still won't use that word. Chloe wears underpants. She heard "that other word" recently and didn't know what they were. I think my job is done. :)

Lori said...

"THE HISTORY OF UNDER GARMENTS"

Under Garments 1800's to 1900's
Under wear 1900's to 1940's
underpants 1940's to 1960's
lingerie 1960's to Present

underclothes My Grandma GRAMIE

undergarments My Great Grandma

Pants My Mother Ab's Great Grandma

AMC /dictionary Panties/Short underpants for women & children
can also be spelled panty

Ok It all made me laugh Jill! Hee Hee Haa Haa Ho Ho
Because I would never ever say panties I was told nice girls don't say
that!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY! My Little French Great Grandma said this.
She used a French word Lingerie'

Love
Grandmama