I cannot believe a year has gone by. I think 99% of parents with healthy kids say that. Right? It's the ones with sick kids where the year goes so slowly as you see progression, regression, progression.... and I was reminded once again of our tough first few months with Abby on a recent Garden Tour that supported Childrens Hospital where Abby had her surgery. Whew. I was thankful. All. Over. Again.
And recently, Abby has been asking to go through her baby book (good thing it finally got finished!) and she stops when we get to the pictures around her surgery. "Did it hurt?" she asks. "Did I cry? Did I get a shot?" She's starting to process why she has this lovely scar on her chest and it's all very fascinating to her.
Anyway! Fordy is crazy. Typical boy, from what I understand. I found him doing this the morning of his birthday...
Standing in the dog bowl and pounding on the window above. Really? Really! I am finding, now that he can walk, that I have a tiny bit of freedom ("Fordy! Come this way!") but at the same time, I can now really not get anything done. He's climbing up, pounding on, walking through... everything. It's not for the faint of heart for people with no baby gates. God must've been giggling at us when we gave that gate away, "we never really used it with Abby, anyway..."
So, on this birthday for our sweet, daring boy, I am so very thankful for his fun personality, and his snuggle-fest heart. He loves to curl up when he's tired and put his head on your shoulder. Conversely, when he's ticked (seeing that some little someone is always talking constantly) his shriek to get our attention is fairly piercing. To the point of horrific. And sometimes she just screams right back. It's moments like that when I just want to go back to bed and make it all stop. With Abby starting preschool in the fall, I'm very aware of my finite amount of time having him home completely and I know it's going to fly. Screeching or not.
563. Fordy's laugh
564. Fordy's smile
565. Fordy saying "mama!"
567. The way Abby says, "This is my bruther."

2 comments:
Happy Birthday FORD
You are so sweet
Your smile and pleasant personality is AWESOME
You are a Winner
Congratulations on Walking before your 1st Birthday
We LOVE YOU HANDSOME BOY
May You Have A Very Blessed Life
We are Blessed to have YOU in Our Life!!!!!!
Hugs & LOVE
Grandmama & Pop Pop
We are so grateful for Ford.
That he is a healthy boy that loves everyone
and loves to have fun! His giggles are contagious
and his laughter fills our hearts.
His smile makes it impossible to refuse
him anything... What a gift from God
God has blessed his Mommy and Daddy.
Two gracious, loving, kind, faithful and
encouraging parents. And He has blessed
Papa and I with sweet Ford too... Thank
You Lord...
Happy First Birthday Fordy!!!!!
xoxoxo little grams and papa
Post a Comment