Our roof was being re-done (well, I should say, considering the state that it is in today, it got started) and so, the kids and I left for two full weeks. It was full of swimming and relaxing and wiping our feet and using our napkins and not doing dishes. Seriously. I have pre-children hands.
Praise the Lord for my mom who drove north with the kids and I. As she knows (and anyone who's tried to make that drive knows) I couldn't have done it without her. And, just a word to you dad drivers who don't let anyone else drive : You have the easy job. I was ready to party when we got up north after driving instead of how I usually feel after 6 plus hours of pointing out exciting things outside and trying to assuage tears and keep the video poised just right between the two carseats while sitting in the back in the most uncomfortable seat in the car. Seriously. I'll take driving any day. (Are you reading this, honey?)
Things started off strong at Kettleman City with a strawberry shake....
And Fordy having no idea the drive that was ahead of him. Oh, and, from here on out, his name is, according to Abby, "Ba-duki". That's right. And we're all calling him that.
Neither child went to sleep, except for a 45 minute nap. Let me tell you, the last hour was brutal. But then again, I was up front driving.... and mom was doing the hard work. (loud round of applause)
And the days were full of two things. Waiting to swim and swimming. Late afternoon, after naps, once the solar was in full swing and the pool was getting close to 90, we went in for an hour or so. It was glorious and Abby did great. From there, we'd rush inside, throw the kids in the tub, try to make dinner and get the kids down. It was pretty hairy but really fun and super summery. More on that tomorrow.
Ford spent any moment not in the pool playing with the ring that kept Abby afloat and balloons from the local, fancy market. And I was happy to allow him the hours of run that provided. Up and down the hallway... and all around the kitchen.
Which of course led to balloon hair...

And one of my favorite pictures ever.

616. going back to bed in the morning after ford's 6am wake up (thanks, mom and dad!)
617. showering without interruption (thanks, mom and dad!)
618. help in the morning. help in the evening. help at night (thanks, mom and dad!)
619. reading and not cleaning during naps





3 comments:
I remember somethings differently !!!! Mostly how I loved just being with you and how fun it was. Papa and I miss you all. There was such energy in the house. Praise God for the time we had with you 3 and wish Grant could have come too... What joy it is to be of help and to love every moment... even the ones with a few tears... :) Come up to Hotel Nor Cal anytime... the door is always open...!!
Praying the roof will be done soon and all will be back to normal...What ever that is... tee he he
xoxoxo grams and papa
OMGOODNESS!!
I am so happy for all
Special time for "The Grandparents" too
Times the children will never forget
Loved all the picture's
What a great way to start
"SUMMERTIME"
Love to all
Hugs
Mama
Congrats on the hands. That is truly something.
Post a Comment