We ended our time up north with two super duper places. The El Dorado Hills library and Fairytale Town.
If you've never heard of Farytale Town in Sacramento, let me tell you... it's a special little place. Mostly, I think, because it's completely geared toward Abby's age. Every little event (they aren't rides) are based on fairy tales. You can walk the crocked mile, try and pet the three little pigs and water Mr. MacGregor's garden. Super cute. Here Papa and the kids were heading inside....
One of the first things Abby wanted to do was go down Owl's (from Winnie The Pooh) slide. Seeing that she doesn't ever want to go down normal sized slides, I was surprised that she wanted to climb this staircase...
Even Fordy thought it was high...
And then it was all smiles going down with Grandma.
Fordy got some freedom...I mean, look at this place! Not a soul in sight.
They got to sit in Cinderella's carriage...
And pretend to be Little John and Robin Hood...
And pretty soon, it was time for lunch... (love the hip out, don't you?)
After which, Abby got to snuggle with Mother Goose...
It was a fun, mellow day. I loved it.
And a few days later, we hit the library. I thought it would be no big deal but oh my goodness....it was better than most play rooms I've been in. Clean, cool toys all ready to be played with. For most of the time, we were the only people there. It was cool.
Every puppet in the place got lined up.
And the paci never came out so no other germy objects could go in. Genius. (the only genius thing about a paci!)
And I just couldn't leave off without this great picture of Papa and Ford -- and yes, that shirt was starched and ironed. Starched. And. Ironed. By Grandma. Of course. Then again, she irons her sheets! What was I expecting!
And before we knew it, we'd braved the 5 freeway again and things were back to how they'd been before. Ford breaking wreaking havoc on sissy's things and she obliviously playing in the background.
And now, with the roof finally done, a full month after having started, we're all singing praises.
631. roof being done! roof being done!
632. kindle movies for the drive
633. learning by watching
634. memories to last
635. a demo'd bathroom














2 comments:
Oh how we have relived these moments... Wonderful times.... and gone so quickly. Great pictures..
Lets do it again...Not the roof just the visit...!!!!
love you all so much, little grams
Hi Everybody,
What WONDERFUL Pictures of ALL!
Just loved seeing them
Both Ab's & Ford Are too PRECIOUS
It looks so enchanting
Great Memories for All
Love to The Heatherly's & All
Nieporte's
Hugs,
Grandmama
Post a Comment