So while something like this was going on at our house (and the roof was getting finished...)
the kids and I would get out of the house everyday at about 9am. We'd get where we needed to go and camp out before Fordy's 9:30 nap (oh, how I can't wait for him to go to one nap!). One day, we went to Abby's pal, Makenna's house. There was swimming...
There was an Angry Birds indoctrination...
and by the end, Abby was bossy as ever, ornery as ever and acting like Makenna's sister. There are worse things, I guess!
The next day, on to the next house (thanks, Tam!), where Abby was introduced to treasure hunts (it's awesome to have older brothers around who are sweet) and the wonder of the Tinkerbell movie. Here they are in a Tink coma...
Except that half way through I said, "Abby! Do you love it?" and she said, "No, mom. Let's turn it off." Which lead to us watching the boys playing Wii. Very cool. Meanwhile, Ford found the princess tent and we couldn't get him out.
And the next day was yet another house (thanks, Wendy!) where there was a party in the backyard sprinkler.
On none of these days did the kids take afternoon naps and when we drove home sometime between 4 and 6, they both, like clockwork, fell asleep in the car on the ride home. They were long, glorious, memory-filled days and I am so thankful for the friends who invited us over!
645. friends who give and give and give
646. a Jana DVD resurgence
647. seeing progress
648. the kids rolling with the changes


1 comment:
Great pictures of the children and their friends... Love the pix of Abby in the pool and watching Tink... That is a great picture of Fordy... what a smile...
Praise God for friends who care...
xoxo little grams
Post a Comment