Friday, July 13, 2012

Kissing Your Sister

Ford knows full well what that feels like this week. In the tub the other night, he was leaning toward Abby and we realized he was wanting to give her a kiss. A kiss! My heart just about melted right then and there all over the bathroom floor. We told him to do it about 59 more times and he did....and finally dumped water on his head to tell us he was done with the affection. Typical man. Use your words already, right? :)

Speaking of words, today I was singing Old MacDonald and he started saying "Ee-Iii-Eee-Iii" which was close enough for me! Since I am in a constant state of managing the crisis in front of me (or wondering why it's quiet for 30 seconds and what big sister is sitting on which little brother -- this happened today) I have hardly had time to celebrate Ford's little verbal accomplishments. Sad, I know. I left for 10 minutes the other day to get Grant a coffee (which, by the way, gives you near second degree burns when it spills on you in your car. And if you are blessed enough to have this happen not far from home, you can drive the rest of the way semi-standing up to avoid sitting in the rest of the Venti drip while you mentally manage your pain and get home safely. Seriously) and when I walked back in, Ford said, "Mama!" He has said it a million times but since I so rarely leave and come back without him, it was special. I'm all sentimental about it.

And yesterday he said "neigh neigh" when I asked what a horse said. Be still my heart. I love these little moments. I guess I should start writing them down! Because soon enough I know he'll be learning "mine!" from his sister as well as (her new favorite) "No! You can't do that!"

And while I did not get a picture yet of him kissing Abby, our good friend, Auntie Nada got a kiss just the other day. Here's the progression....





636. wallpaper
637. rain a few days after the roof was done
638. the light being on the right switch
639. kisses! kisses! kisses!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Too precious....
Love the look Nada has while Ford is giving
her a big kiss...

xoxo little grams