Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Balentines Day"

Good thing our Valentines prep started a full week early this year. Abby was very busy shoving things into bags for her friends at school while I tied on the ribbon. This getting older thing comes in really handy when these tasks need to get done!






A few days later, she fell asleep before dinner... and what I've been calling the plague hit our house. For a solid week, someone in our home was in bed. The kids bounced back fairly fast with mild fevers and such but Grant and I both were in bed for over 2 days. Each. It was rough. I'm so very happy and so thankful to be healthy again.


The kids did a lot of this while we were sick.... more and more and more shows to watch. I think even they got sick of TV.

They even snacked all together without fussing.... miraculous!


And a few days later, they were happily splashing about in the pool. Ah, winter in Pasadena. Watching me blow that thing up with a raging sinus infection was another sight to behold.


By the time February 14th arrived, our newly-healthy girl got a sweet friend to bring to school for "balentines" day...Snow White!



Preschool hats and heart-shaped suckers. That's all they need for the dimples to show up...
And although the parents were still sick, the kids were sucking down Swedish Fish faster that I could say, "eat your vegetables!"  We tried to instill the idea that Valentines Day is a great day to show God's love to others. But let's be honest -- they were all about the candy.

Thank the Lord the candy stash is almost gone. Almost.

836. feeling well enough to get out of bed
837. Grant being able to take over, and do it so well
838. not having been that sick in 8 years
839. Abby getting dressed without tears


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hooray for good health...Thank the Lord
Everyone looks pretty happy
Love this blog....

xoxoxo little grams