Friday, June 7, 2013

My List


I have a to-do list a mile long. And much of it never gets glanced at. 
Ford's baby book? eeeek.
Abby's post-surgery book? What's two more years?
Finishing my new website? A snails pace.
Let alone, the day to day news. 
My feedly feed.

Because... there is laundry to fold.
Or a child that needs to practice her doctor kit on you.
And wait, I need to brush my teeth. 
And it's noon and I'm still not dressed
and weren't we headed out to the store an hour ago?

And my days that used to seem so long (too long!) are now flying by
and yet i'm still not getting much done.
So i'm praying that taking the time to
make the snack
and play the game
and clean those feet
and just laugh
mean more than the list. 

Although most things on that list are trying to help me preserve the memories that I'm making today, I'm going to take a lesson from my friend Hillary and really try to live in the moment. As I learned over and over again this year, I am called by God to my circumstances. Each and every grimy-footed one. So, I better take note of them and just relax. 

And not forget the laundry.







Please note grimy foot. Dirty hand. Snotty nose. Filthy face. It must be summer.

Cleaning hands...
 Rinsing feet...


930. that crewcuts dress from a friend
931. rapunzel pjs in the mail from a friend
932. shoes that fit
933. God changing our minds about timing at the same time

3 comments:

Lori said...

theirOh My Goodness
The Smiles Are All You Have To
ACCOMPLISH!
They are worth the whole to do list!
Put your bathing suit on and just
play with the kids.
If you keep them in bathing suits
you have very little laundry
Your doing a great job
Paint (finger painting) with them then hose them down.
Then serve lunch outside everyday on paper plates
No dishes!
Love you all
Grandmama

Lori said...

PS:

Keep toweks and soap
near bye fill pool let them bath outside
They love it!

Sherry said...

Oh Lori, you have the best ideas... What a wise Grandmama...!

You are doing a great job Jilly... You know what is important!!! There will always be laundry and kids to
clean up..but not for very long... Grandmama and I know!!!! I think she has a great idea... bathing suits
for everyone...and eat outside on paper plates... That solves a few problems... tee he he

Love the pictures of the kids...Summer is a wonderful time... Enjoy it... xoxox little grandma