Sunday was Abby's whole heart anniversary.
Four years since her surgery that almost broke my heart while it healed hers.
Four years ago since she was healed.
A few days before we left Pasadena, we had Abby's annual cardio check up. Every year two things happen. She doesn't really remember the year(s) before and I always forget a piece of the diagnosis. It's as if I've never heard it before. I think it's called selective hearing.
So, she kept saying she was scared to go.
But the minute it was just she and I in the car, we blasted our tunes,
sang, talked...and she was ready.
Like, really ready.
Like, Katy Perry "Roar" ready.
In we went, EKG wires for days and not phased at all.
"See mom? It doesn't hurt me."
See? "I'm good. I'm fine."
Yes, she sure was.
And is.
Praise God.
Another good report.
And as we waited for our sweet, beloved Dr. Adhoot to join us, we looked outside at the glorious hills of Pasadena on a warm sunny day, we looked over at the hospital where she was born and we relived some big moments in her short life so far. I felt so blessed for the care we'd received. I felt so protected and cared for. By our "people" but also, by our great God who never left us alone. Not for one moment. And since we knew we were leaving and this moment was a fleeting one, we snapped a shot.
The brave one and me.
The Echocardiogram was easy peasy. And, apparently just like last year, he told me that a tiny (a very, very tiny, apparently) leak is happening. He said many people have it and would never know. Michael Phelps would never know it if he had a leak like this. "It's nothing to worry about and I hesitate to say anything....but since I mentioned it last year..." And right about then, every year, is when I say, "Huh?" I have less than zero recollection of any news of a leak. Even my super duper she-had-a-miracle-baby-story-too friend said, "The leak thing, right? Yep. Grace has that, too." So, everyone remembers but me.
I honestly think in moments like this, her bravery carries me.
1029. another good report
1030. Dr. Adhoot
1031. a big scoop of Mother Moo after. for everyone.
1032. abby understanding her heart surgery, little by little
1033. zipline - the book


3 comments:
Hey - I have a leak thing too. And he's right - you don't even notice it.
God Bless Our Abigail
Thank You God
She is such a Light in our life
We all just love her
Gentleness & Sweetness
she is all that and more
We love you Abigail
All Our Love
Grandmama & Pop Pop
Praising God for His overwhelming
mercy and grace in Abby's life.
What blessings He has given us all
through Miss Abby... To see His hand
moving in her life and all of ours...
The very talented doctors and nursers
who lovingly cared for her and reassured
her Mommy and Daddy that things were
going perfectly...
All praise and glory belongs to Our
Lord and Savior
xoxoxo little grams
Post a Comment