No Nor-Cal move is complete without a visit to Tahoe, one of my all time favorite places in the world.
It isn't just that we were married there.
It isn't just that my parents lived there and I have millions of memories there.
It isn't just that I grew up going there almost every single year.
Or that my dad blasted Michael Jackson Off The Wall in the early years as went over the summit.
It's all of those things.
And the fact that Tahoe is just magic.
I dare you. Just smell the air.
And….done.
You've added 5 years on to your life.
Seeing that California is almost in a drought (sorry, East Coasters and your teen temps!)
the snow was scarce this year.
But God was good to keep the small patch of grass in front of the condo covered in shadow so the snow wouldn't melt.
Here is everyone's favorite girl, our dear Sloan dressed as the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.
And the kids "sledding" out front.
How dirty is that snow?
Yikes.
A helping hand from a big boy cousin...
No snow gear? No problem! Rocking the wet jeans is all the rage...
And you can see, just two blocks away at the lake…. it's like June in Tahoe.
(Violet from The Incredibles came along….)
And the park at the lake got lots of use from us this weekend…
it being glorious and all. :)
And walk-able!
But I did wear my Sorel's from 1990.
Yes, I did.
Almost everywhere.
Just to prove the point that we were in Tahoe and that's what you do in February.
Since skiing sounded like hell with these 4, we went sledding instead!
Getting ready -- Abby, Sloan and Fordy.
And off they go with the parents doing all the heavy lifting...
The mama's were so happy to be all together...
And Sloan hung with the big kids no problem...
Aunt Stace and Fordy...
Grant/Abby and Stace/Sloan...
Party time!
Go daddies!
Snack time after a good long sled….
A sore bum? Nothing that pirate booty can't fix.
And once we were home, Batman and Batgirl kept everything under control...
The next day, we wore our snow shoes down to the lake (there still was some snow on the ground and I'd set the pace with the Sorel action) but they quickly got removed for toes-in-the-water fun and rock skipping.
Not to be outdone by first time ice skating at Northstar.
Grant took the brilliant approach and didn't rent skates and was able to actually get the kids around a bit.
Abby and I made it around one full circle before she started yelling, "Mooooommmm!" every time she almost fell as if it was my fault. Ah, my almost 5 year old. We looked the part, though, didn't we?
Snacks, of course, afterward.
And Ford really did prefer wagon pulling to skating anyway….
"No matter what happens, always be thankful."
1 Thessalonians 5:18
A little dose of Tahoe helps with this.
Always.
1182. eating outside again
1183. swimming lessons on the horizon
1184. a slew of pens from a friend





























1 comment:
Jill you are a geat story teller
Thanks made me feel like I was there
GREAT pictures of everyone
Thanks I would love to get copies
I just loved being with you on this
trip...Oh I wasn't! ( sure felt like it)
The AWESOME SIX!
I hope next time the Family from
the East can join you guys.
Gabriellle & Oliva love Tahoe too as you all know.
God Bless all 12of you.
Love & Hugs to all Grandmama,Gramie
Post a Comment