In light of our last post, with Abby's surgery scar getting some attention again
(thanks to sweet Bailey's surgery)
for the first time in her life tonight she asked me about her scar - what did i think of it.
I showed her the scar I have on my face and we compared notes.
And for the first time, I looked at her through the eyes of a bigger girl.
A girl who won't like that scar (and especially the larger scar where her drainage tube was)
as she gets older. In the locker room in junior high. Or when she changes into her bathing suit.
We touched it and talked about how awesome it was.
How blessed she is to have that scar as a symbol of God's faithfulness.
I know that's beyond her at the moment but I want to start speaking those words in to her life.
At the end she said, "Sometimes it bothers me, but it's okay, mom. I'm okay."
I just about came undone right there.
May it always be so.
………..
We're on a regular 3 week rotation at the library.
We come home with such a haul that we hardly finish reading what we've got in that time.
I think it's time to start limiting their books to 8 each.
They literally look at the cover, throw it in the bag
and are moving on to the next one before I can holler uncle.
And since our new dentist is right next door to the library, we've had lots of time to talk and talk and talk about what a trip to the new dentist will be like.
They especially liked the part about watching shows on the ceiling.
So, Abby went first.
Those darn boots.
She's almost outgrown them (i pray….)
And Fordy was awesome.
He had headphones on, was watching a show and opening wider than wide.
I was so proud that I took them to ice cream.
Ah, the dichotomy.
The dentist with a sugar chaser.
1190. wisteria blooming we didn't know we had
1191. a reason to clean this place up
1192. open windows with warm air
1193. pedicures in the dark with the power out
1194. that scar
1 comment:
This post is awesome
Jill you are a great mother
Love that the kids love books like Mom & Dad
Great job to both on the dentist visit!
I love and miss you all
Hope to see you soon
Love & Hugs
Grandmama
Post a Comment