Now that the trauma of taking our Christmas card picture has worn off, we can talk about it.
It took 3 tries over 3 days over 3 weeks.
2 dogs.
2 kids.
Seems easy enough.
But oh, I have such respect for the amazing photographers who've taken pictures of my kids.
Trish Reda and Emi & Mike Hedden.... I revere you.
Truly.
Here is a look at the first try. I'm on a ladder.
And the kids were trampled, kicked and scratched by Gunner, the wonder dog.
Thank God there wren't showers and hair brushing and clothes changes.
Then, I really would've been crazy.
"Smile! Look here! Hey! Ford! Ford! Stop crying!"
You can imagine.
There were 56 takes in 5 minutes.
I knew when to say when and tried another day.
But bad moods persisted.
Especially with the little lady.
Oh, joy.
"Christmas is coming! Smile! What do you want for Christmas?!!! Here's some candy! Please!"
But no.
45 takes later.... we stopped.
So we went on a hike on Thanksgiving day.
It was glorious.
And I'm sad this one didn't turn out....
because she was actually smiling (!!!) and Ford wasn't crying (!!!)...
And I almost resorted to this one....
But we finally gave in to the real us.
The messy us.
2 dogs in a bathtub with one crying boy and one smiling girl.
Here we are, people.
And this took 66 takes.
Amen.
Here's to next year.
Hopefully we'll be at the beach.
Who could be crying at the beach?
....right?
1344. Grant rocking the family card with a good attitude
1345. one finally turning out
1346. pressing and praying
1347. sermons during work

1 comment:
OH JILL
Too FUNNY
You had me laughing
How true this is
Your result great
Loved Tub Picture
Your cards are always the best
Love Christmas
Miss & Love You Guys
Mama / Grandmama
Post a Comment