Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Now That's Brilliant
My sweet husband allowed me the pleasure of sleeping in for an extra hour the other day after Abby woke up at the unGodly (in our house) hour of 6:30am. I stumbled out of the bedroom later (after having dreamed that he gave her licorice for breakfast. Why?) to find her eating breakfast with a big lump (of something gross looking) in the middle of her tray. Upon closer inspection, it was a rice cake, broken up, with almond butter slathered all over it. When I asked him why she was given this for breakfast (along with the fried egg, blueberries, prunes and cereal) he said, "Well, the brown rice seemed healthy and the almond butter seemed fattening." And there you have it. The credo by which we choose what Abby eats. The most healthy and fattening foods we can find. Seeing that she only nurses twice a day and is only taking in about 6 oz of goat's milk during the day, the food she eats has gotta pack a pretty good calorie punch. Add that to all of the crawling and standing she's doing and I'm shocked she isn't losing weight. Did I tell you that my husband is brilliant? He is. Not that I'll be giving that to Abby again. And that's only because she didn't eat it. Back to the banana/almond butter mornings starting tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
FRIED EGG??? Oh Grant! How about poached, hard or soft boiled???
That is an awesome breakfast. Seriously. Well done Grant.
Post a Comment