Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July



Three years ago today, we got rear-ended on the way home from watching the fireworks at a friends home. Grant's back has never been the same. Two years ago, we were wishing we were pregnant, but weren't. Last year, we had a just over one month old baby girl. I spent some of the night pumping my milk for her, then "fortifying" it (to add some calories, but which eventually made her very fussy because she couldn't handle dairy) and then feeding it to her from a bottle, praying she'd take it. From what I remember, she did. That happened to be a good day.

This year, as we all sat smiling and gawking at the amazing fireworks as we sat overlooking the Rose Bowl, our tummies full of gourmet burgers and sangria, I couldn't stop thinking about how far we've come and how blessed we are. The good years, the bad years... we are so blessed to be living in this country and to be able to share this fun tradition with our little girl who stayed up way past her bedtime with a smile on her face and loved the fireworks. Happy 4th of July, everyone!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

You party animals! My Mom wouldn't let me watch fireworks because I stayed up until 11 pm last night. You've come a long way, Abby! By the way, you should tell your Daddy to get acupuncture for his back or at least take advantage of ECCM's 50% off massage for the month of July special.