Sunday, June 19, 2011

Library Reading Day

Since it's summer, we figured that a great activity would be going to the library every week for story time! ("We" does not include Grant who said, "Hmmm. That sounds germy." He's probably right -- but we gotta get out of the house!) There are some crazy kids that come, let me tell you. Climbing all over everything, yanking on the shades, about to pull the curtain down that separates us from the rest of the library. We might have to have a talk about not following the bad examples of those around us. Until then, Abby is happy to sing a few songs, have a few books read to her and watch a mini movie. The whole thing is 30 minutes long and Ford managed to sleep through it (whew!) -- so all went well on this first go-round.

She decided to wear her glasses inside just in case it was bright...


And while she does love bugs,



she decided to check out a book that I was surprised she was interested in. It's about a boy, after all. A boy who's moving. I guess maybe that struck a chord. At least until next week...when the adventure of book-love continues.

277. Bob The Tomato fruit snacks
278. Saving $38 at the market
279. hope in our eternal home
280. hearing abby say, "yes, mom."

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ab's tell Daddy He Went For Story Hour
He also Took Books Out Each Week
Dad Loved It So I Hope You Do To
Love Your Sun Glasses
You Sure
Looked Cool/KOOLLLLL
Have Fun & Read Lot's
Love & Kisses
GMama

Jennifer said...

You took Ford to a library! I gotta up my game. I still get nervous of taking Rose to places like restaurants and etc...