And, boy, was it divine. Well, not divine... I mean, nothing like the virgin birth -- but it was really nice.
There are a few things I've realized about this two year old age. She won't necessarily remember much of what goes on this year even if they're big things to us. Disneyland. Santa. It's cool and all...but as I realized as we were in line for our 6th ride at Disneyland... "two rides at this age is really, really awesome. Maybe 7 is way too many." We'll never know. But I had the same feeling Christmas morning. She was stoked.... stoked to get Princess Band-Aids and a few treats in her stocking. But then the real gifts started coming. We thought we kept it mellow this year, trying to keep a low standard for gifts...but it was too many. We were the ones excited to give these gifts to her. You live and you learn, I guess. But I fear we'll be de-Santa-ing next year and trying to focus even more on Jesus' birth.
Her new shopping cart was a big hit.
Stockings. My favorite part...
Princess Band-Aids
Who are these crazy people? That hat, by the way, is Abby's. Yep, not only can Little Grandma shop in the kids department for clothes, apparently she can wear cool hats for toddlers.
We set out to get Abby an oxymoron Mini Big Wheel so she could reach the peddles. After two pillows and a blanket behind her back, Grant gave up. She'll have to scoot along for a few more months on this one, too...
And after a heart-stopping breakfast of Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls and my mom's famous sausage egg dish, it was nap time...
529. giving rather than getting
530. Abby handing Ford her coveted balloon to play with
531. Abby giving her favorite Bob Snacks to her cousins
532. all the family getting back home safely


1 comment:
ABIGAIL & FORD
WOW!!! YOU TWO HAD AN AWESOME
WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!
DISNEYLAND,DECORATING YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE TWICE! GRANDPARENTS TO SPOIL,LOTS OF GIFTS UNDER THE TREE, SANTA AND PARADES TOO!
SO MUCH FUN! WISHES DO COME TRUE!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND MAY YOU ALL
HAVE A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH MANY BLESSINGS,AND GOOD HEALTH FOR ALL!
LOVE YOU BOTH
Love & Hugs
Grandmama & PoP PoP
Post a Comment