Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Bucket List --Beach!

There are exactly three things on our summer bucket list. A certain concert we wanted to take Abby to isn't happening around here so now we're down to two. Two! And it's already August and neither had been crossed off.

Our dear friend over at www.capturingmotherhood.com agreed to do a beach day with us and she graciously brought all the gear (sand toys and the massive, amazing umbrella. I think this umbrella is my new best friend. I'm in crazy love with it! Didn't tip over in pretty good winds and gave us plenty of shade. The ONLY way to go to the beach!)

We were there for about two hours. I wondered if it would be enough time...but oh, Lordy, we had all had enough sun by the end. Once we got there, after Abby informed me that she didn't want to wear her suit and didn't want to touch the water, she raced down to it with her pals, got her feet soaked and then promptly sat down in the water, dress and all. Here she was assessing the water before deciding "yes!"...


And while I got Ford ready to go, he gave me the "touchdown sign."


He was loving the water. He would've walked all the way in if I would've let him. I had to chase him once the tide went out because he'd run toward the water, crying as if to say, "where are you going?!" Then we'd come back up, wait, the water would come again....and screams of laughter. The whole thing made him a little manic. I spent those moments knowing Abby was looked after while she flirted with the water as I tried to keep Ford alive (and myself from getting completely drenched. I failed).

Covered with sand and water, we walked 10 steps to our little set up and started looking for seashells. I much less intense situation for Ford and thank God, he went with it instead of constantly racing back toward the water.



"Yes, Fordy. Away from the water. Good boy. Sit. Like sister."


Who finally put on a bathing suit.

And the seashell hunting began (as did the sandy lemonade drinking)...




There was a sandy lunch, sandy clothes, sandy shoes, a sandy wash off area, sandy seashells and an all around sandy time within that two hour time span. I was totally zonked afterward... and it was magical.

And when we got home, Fordy promptly got a fever which lasted for 3 days and manifested into Roseola. So glad we got the beach in before that happened.


Even sick, he's the cutest bug I've ever seen.

676. sand play instead of water love
677. hillary's intuition to follow the crying girl
678. the little girl finding her mom
679. the kids loving playing together
680. abby not getting sick


3 comments:

Sherry said...

Sweet memories... Thanks for the great pictures...

xoxo little grams

Sherry said...

Wonderful Memories.... Great Pictures.. They are both getting so big... goodness

xoxo little grams

Lori said...

What A Wonderful Way To Spend The Day
The Beach Is My Favorite Way
The Children Both Look Happy
Great Pictures Abby in The Hat Is To Cute
Ford Sounds Like He Is Taking After His Daddy
A Day At The Ocean Grant Could Stay All Day
Maybe Some Day One Of Us Will Have A Beach House
We Could All Share Or Rent One
So Happy They Loved It
Hugs
Grandmama