Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Memory - Lake Arrowhead

The kids and I high-tailed it to Lake Arrowhead for the day when we got an invite from our dear friend Jenny. We got the pleasure of seeing them on their way in and out of town and -- glory be -- when we realized that a slice of Tahoe-like heaven was only an hour and 20 minutes away, we went up for a wonderful 8 hours.

Jenny and Phil have lovely little Rose who is just a tad older than Fordy. It makes life so easy with things like this when someone else is in your boat age-wise. Food, naps, baths, blah blah blah... it all just seems more doable and less like I am infringing on someone's time and space (although we were) when we are in it together.


When we arrived, Abby got a fresh pair of sunglasses...



And the three lined up for a little lunch...


And then Rose hit the sheets and so Jenny, the kids and I hit the beach! It was amazing. I small little beach with no waves where the kids could play and frolic (so much so that Fordy face-planted while running toward the water) and Abby actually went neck-deep (while holding Jenny's hand). I don't think they stopped smiling for a full two hours.




And then Jenny taught Abby the finer points of Otter Pop eating.


After I had had enough sun (I think Ford, Abby and Jenny could've stayed!) we headed back to get the rest of the gang and go on a boat ride. Can you believe the kids went on a boat ride? It was so fun. Fordy's vest was too big so he would stand on my legs, facing the water "king of the world" style.




And after that, we were all ready for a snack and some down time...


A little Sesame Street...


And some serious hugs.


Honestly, it was a super highlight of the summer. Long live the Hile/Zabriskie clan!

668. no boat ride casualties
669. happy, super tired kids
670. the kindle for the trip
671. ford sleeping the entire drive up
672. both sleeping the entire drive down
673. getting down before sunset
674. the right gas station
675. jammies before we left = right to bed








No comments: