This year, I actually prepared a bit for December (hence the lack of blog attention) and when I wasn't pressing Christmas cards for clients, I was scouring Pinterest among other things for ways to make advent relatable to the kids. I came across reading The Jesus Storybook Bible every night instead of the "normal" Christmas passages and it's been a breath of fresh air.
Before we were hardly back from Thanksgiving, we went to an annual awesome party where Santa (the most amazing Santa I've ever seen, I might add -- who is the same Santa every single year) shows up with a massive bag of toys.
Awaiting his arrival...

He sits down, talks to the kids, and then, slowly, gives out a wrapped gift (that
Fordy did awesome...

I always thought this was great, but now that Abby is older, it's really, really special. She got to tell him all about her princess-love and exactly what she wants for Christmas. He told her that he and Mrs. Claus had something special in mind for her this year. The girl lit up.
And once everyone has their gift, he counts to three and they all open them up -- good thing I purchased one extra, on-sale princess this year, eh? "Oh Mom! How did he know just what I wanted?" Ahem. He didn't. See Ariel below.
785. just what she wanted
786. anticipation
787. learning lessons from older ladies
789. not creating a monster
790. silence in the car
No comments:
Post a Comment