Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fat and Happy (or Joyful)

The weather has been warmer lately and (shhh! don't tell anyone!) there's been some ice cream in our lives. Now that I've admitted that, I'll tell you that the kids eat ice cream almost every night. That's right. Almost every single night. Yes...it's sugar. But it's also a weight gainer for them and we are all about that. After eating our veggies, of course.

Fordy prefers chocolate.



Abby is after her Papa's (and my) heart...and loves vanilla. Pure and unadulterated. Amen.


And while she's never seen Flashdance, there were hints of that around this house (hairbands as ankle bracelets) and Rapunzel hair, of course.

There was even a date night recently with free babysitting. Yes. Free babysitting. We were so excited. We thought we'd share it with Van Gogh's self portrait on loan down the street.

Today Abby and I decided that yes, we would see who could memorize a bible verse first (always fun to make it a game, right?). Usually she rolls her eyes at these things but she was game today and so, "Rejoice always and pray without ceasing..." was our verse. I think it'll last all week  -- with me constantly remembering that it doesn't matter much if we know it, if we don't apply it. So, this week, we choose to rejoice. Even if toes are stubbed. Even when tears fall. Even when we are less than thrilled with little brother. Yes, even then.

I'll let you know how it goes. But I can guess that it's gonna be a good week... because we'll be choosing joy.

857. memorizing together
858. extra carrot cake
859. showing a profit in my little biz
860. inspiring music
861. the stereo in the kitchen (aka rocking with the dishes)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I think she loves dance as much as
another little girl who use to live with me...
This little girl would dance through the day
with a smile on her face and a song in her heart...

Thanks for the memories...

xoxo little grams