On Tuesdays, we go to the child hour at the "big" library. I did this with Abby when she was 2 and she sat next to me the entire time, clapping, interacting, singing, watching as the book was read. Ford hardly sits still, running to the front, running behind the forbidden curtain, giggling at the book the teacher is holding with his face 2 inches from the book. He is becoming.... a constant motion-filled being.
And I'm finally realizing.... I need to spend some time teaching him to sit still. It's against every fiber in his little being.
Here is the one day that sis got to come along when she wasn't in school and they ended library time by dancing at the front.
And a few times recently, I've actually found him happily playing by himself... that was a glorious moment. I could hear him... "vroom! vroom!" playing with his cars.

And let's be honest, it always pays to be prepared. Even in 75 degree weather.
But especially when you're heading to the slide...going down backwards.
After which you most definitely need a snack. Preferably in the top of the play structure. (I'll do anything to mix it up in order to get them to eat more).
852. photos from years before
853. seeing another be pampered
854. deep, sound sleep without a wake up
855. abby's shoe collection
856. a love of socks




2 comments:
Aren't boys fun? This is just the beginning sister. Boys are in constant motion but they always come back to their mom at the end of the day - LOVE THEM! Enjoy Fordy! Thanks for sharing - he is getting so big! Are Abby's pink boots from Target? I think Caroline has the same ones - she LOVES them. :) Hugs to you. Love, Katie
What a blessing Fordy is to all of us... He has the biggest smile, that brightens any day and the saddest face that can brake your heart... How precious he is to all of us...I love to hear him talk and sing...
Praise God for this special gift...
xoxoxo little grams
ps... Thanks for the update :)
Post a Comment