Monday, July 22, 2013

Preschool Wrap Up

May I just say, to any and all that think that teaching preschool must be a cinch, that you've better think again. Or twelve more times. A teacher that gives parent/teacher conferences about a 3 year old's pencil-holding techniques (and is very joyfully serious about it) deserves to be commended.

I can't shout it from the mountain tops enough, "WE LOVE YOU, MRS. NELSON!"

This is the teacher who videoed her class singing happy birthday to Abby and then sent it via text to my cell phone that day. This is the teacher who took the time to stand outside with Abby at recess, every day for 9 days, until she was no longer afraid of Ben, the boy who chased her and told her she was "bad." This is the teacher who took great joy in reporting that now, Abby walks outside to recess everyday with open arms, waiting for a hug from said Ben. Anyone who will hand-hold my daughter down the halls of forgiveness deserves something more than letterpress stationery for a thank you gift (and yet, that's what she got!)

Here she is, with Abby on her last day.


Saying goodbye to two of her closest pals (I know these girls by what Abby tells me that they brought to Share Day = "She's the one who brought in the singing Rapunzel jewelry box, mom." "She had the Clarice doll from Rudolph, mom." I realized that Share Day = what I want for my birthday aka "how to covet what your friends have").  Cute Amanda....


Her teachers aid, Mrs. Tsai. We loved her happy smile and sweet demeanor.

And one little guy's mom practically tackled me on the last day, telling me how much her son talked about Abby. (If she only knew how much Abby talked about Share Day or Ben ... or everything, right?). Abby and Canaan. Cute buds.



Thinking back to the beginning of the year when I was terrified she'd never go to school without Bunny (remember him?), I am so thankful for the year our girl has had. She loved school, her teachers, her experiences and.... having things to accomplish, learn and sing.  God Bless America still kills me coming from that little mouth.  We've been blessed, indeed.

957. getting to sit on the purple square
958. impromptu visits that fill me up
959. walking the hard road, knowing it's right
960. Abby wanting to give something away

1 comment:

Lori said...

So Awesome for Abigail
She never looked so happy
What a wonderful teacher
Great first experience
Makes me happy to see her shine
So proud of her growth
She is so bright
Like a little star
Love & Hugs
Grandmama