Do you remember our $20 rule from 2009?
We've stepped it up a tiny bit over the years…
but I must admit that this year we have the best tree we've ever had.
For less than $50.
And since we got it about 5 minutes after we digested our Thankgiving turkey and it's positioned squarely underneath a heater vent (hence a few dark branches on top) -- the fact that it's still thriving is nothing short of a Christmas Miracle.
Other than our Savior, of course.
I mean, duh.
And the magic of Christmas is truly here for Fordy.
Seeing it through his eyes makes me stop and realize how little he is.
Despite his attempts…"I'm a big boy!"
And our afternoon walks often include our Christmas elf hats from Little Grandma...
An even cuter one…
Abby's Christmas List this year (obviously edited once she realized Santa might only bring one of these things). "The rest can be for my birthday."
Sheesh.
I think we need to watch Charlie Brown Christmas again and turn it up really loud during Linus' speech. But yesterday, she readily admitted, "Mom, my favorite part of Christmas is the gifts but I know that's not the real meaning of Christmas."
Let's be honest. She didn't learn that from the Bible but most likely from the Grinch.
I'll take it.
1123. tea with honey
1124. downtown abbey's return
1125. christmas cards from those far away
1126. no one else getting the tummy flu except fordy



No comments:
Post a Comment