Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Star Is Born


At A's preschool, they have a week in which each child gets to be the star.
A had to bring in a poster board with pictures of her favorite things
(which of course included sushi, princesses, popsicles, making jewelry, her family, painting outside, her Pasadena friends and cupcakes).

Here she is explaining it to the class.
I was really proud of her  - not a shy moment to be found.




And what a treat, Grandma and Papa got to come watch, too!



And now that winter is in full swing, our "no shoe" policy leaves some wreckage by the back door. Slippers, socks, uggs, tennis, boots… I think I need a mud room.


And although we are sad that we haven't had enough rain and snow for a sledding day yet, at least Fordy got one day of snow stomping during our early December cold snap. 
At the time, we thought we'd be seeing many, many more days like that….



Abby has been learning how to walk Red lately. 
It's lots of "Red! Heel! Red, come here! Reddddd!"




And we all continue to be in love with our little cousin, Sloan-y. I pray that she and Fordy are special pals and he can keep his eye on her at school as they get older. 



And speaking of school, I picked up Abby's Kindergarten packet for next year.
What?
I know.
I was dying a little.
This from a girl (pre-kids) who thought it was a little dramatic to cry when your kid went to kindergarten.
I can tell you now - count me in on the crying next August (yes, August!). 

1148. an impromptu night with a new friend 
1149. last minute pasta and meatballs that no one expected
1150. emails that soothe the soul
1151. prompted to laughter instead of criticism

No comments: