I still remember my 4th birthday party. Long party dress (back in the day when you actually truly dressed up for a friend's party), clown cones from Baskin Robbins (score!) and twins named Katie and Kim in attendance. I had the pleasure of having my sweet friends both converge on our house a week ago and it was great to catch up in person and have them meet Ford. I often think about how strange it is that these girls, whom I've known since I was 3 years old, are still my good friends. It seems rare to me...but then again, many people in my life have been there, solid as oak trees, since pre school. Maybe it's because I never moved... and this is one of the many things I loved about my childhood. I often wonder if Abby and Ford will meet, know and grow with the friends they have now. It seems strange because they are so young -- but it's something that I pray for for them -- lifelong friends that start early, grow strong and are the
right friends to have. Katie and Kim are those kinds of friends. Unless of course, after Grant starts giving them a hard time (he went to college with these girls, too) one of them teaches your daughter to say "Zip it, Dad!" Then all bets are off.
Here they are at the first swim day of the summer....(with my fav new app, instagram):


And for those of you who've had trouble "commenting" I think our problem may be solved. Give it a go!
285. instagram
286. swim days with auntie emi
287. the perfect strawberry lemonade cupcake
288. celebrating birthdays after the fact (happy birthday, dad!)
4 comments:
Of course I LOVE this post! The feeling is mutual and we should all be so lucky to have life long friends. I am disappointed you didn't mention the maple syrup pitcher that we played with as well :)
XO to you and the family (BTW Ford is looking more like Grant in the latest pic). Love, Katie
Ford looks so handsome in his seat! Rose has a crush on him, I'm sure of it. xxxx
Jilly- Love that I really did make the blog and this time not in a bathing suit!:))) Agree with the friends for life and something we as parents should all be praying and hoping for too! Unless they start teaching my kids to say,"Zip it!" of course!:) Love you guys!
Jill,Grant,Abby & Ford
Great Thoughts On Friends For Life
You and Grant Have Both Achieved This
I Pray Abby & Ford Are Also This Blessed
LOVED The Picture's! Love You All
Mama/Grandma
Post a Comment