Abby: "Mom! Something's wrong!"
Abby: "Need something!"
Me: (As the door is closing) "What do you need, Abby?"
Abby: "Milk!"
Me: (I'm a terrible mother and...) "We're actually out of milk."
Abby: "Water!"
Me: "Really?"
Abby: "Yes!"
Me : "Grrrrr" (as I give in)
Me: (coming back as Abby jumps on the bed) "Here you go."
Abby: (polishing off the water) "More!"
Me: (Not on your life) "Goodnight!"
Abby: (and if I forget to say it... ) "Sleep tight! God bless you!"
And, the wonderful word "no" in relation to other people. She will talk about someone all week long and finally see them only to come home and say, "No (whomever)." If you know her and you've gotten out of this one, consider yourself blessed. Everyone I can think of has been named. Her favorite people have been named. Is it for attention? We will never know how that little mind works, will we?
We had a Bun-Bun MIA alert a month ago and they've been missing ever since. She slept with these bunnies every single night and suddenly they were gone -- without a real event, I might add. She substituted the bunnies by wadding up her blankie and saying Abby Cadaby (from Sesame Street) was inside. And now, we're back to doing what we do best with the bunnies....eating their ears. I can't blame this on teething anymore... maybe they should've stayed lost.
281. peonies (my fav!) at Trader Joes at record low prices
282. malt pie
283. open windows and a perfect breeze
284. naps at the same time
2 comments:
ABBY
Grandma is so happy you found
Your two Bun Bun's
You were so Happy
Miss You Grandma
XXXXXOOOOOOXXXXXXXX
That oral fixation is hard to kick! Abby, you keep negotiating! It builds character. :-)
Post a Comment