Friday, July 1, 2011

Weekend Update

1. I found crayon on the wall again today. And the toilet. And the tile behind the toilet. The orange waxy crayon was dangling off the side of the tub when I found it. Very suspicious. At least the clean-up took 3 minutes (baby wipes!) instead of 30.
2. Ford is in size 2 diapers. I think 5 minutes ago Abby was in size 2. And he's 11 1/2 lbs at 7 weeks. Whew. A beautiful hunk of love.
3. I am remembering the post-baby + nursing clothing dilemma. I have about 3 options that get rotated throughout each week.
4. Abby got the frame for her big girl bed. Now... a mattress that won't kill her with off-gases. Yikes!
5. Abby stayed up till 10pm watching fireworks on Friday night, and plans to stay up again on the 4th for round two. Needless to say, she's sleep-deprived.
6. She was taught how to "shop" by big-girl Mackenzie when we took Mackenzie to ice cream for her birthday.


7. Our boy is really starting to smile now.

8. Abby has started saying, "uh huh... uh huh..." And I'm suddenly hearing my voice come out of her mouth. I think I say "uh huh" a zillion times a day as she is talking to me and I want her to know I am listening. I was showing her the DVDs so she could pick one (bad idea)... and as I flipped through them she kept saying "uh huh... uh huh..." I said, "does that mean you want to watch that one?" "no, mom! keep going, please. uh huh... uh huh..."
9. We went to a concert in the park last night ...

and even met up with Pema and her family...


So far- fabulous weekend. Hope yours is wonderful too!

and for those of you who ask what this is... counting our blessings :
297. the perfect picnic
298. shade for the concert amid thousands of people
299. a behaved dog when we leave the house
300. abby's "baby" white trash hair

2 comments:

Lori said...

OH JILL JUST LOVED THE BLOG TODAY
WHAT FABULOUS TIMES FOR ALL
THE PICTURES ARE GREAT
YOU ARE ALL SUCH A BLESSING IN
OUR LIFE
HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL
LOVE 7 KISSES
GRANDMAMA

Anonymous said...

Look at mini-Grant smiling! So cute. We love him.
xoxo
Jenny, Phil, Rose