Welcome to the back yard that is home to Ladybug land. Honestly. If Abby and I sit still long enough (and Ford is asleep), we will see 5 ladybugs at a time crawling on the grass around us. She finds one, it flies away, and there are many more just begging to be picked up.
At first she let them crawl up her fingers but after awhile she started grabbing them, picking them up and placing them on her shirt. One in particular must have been an incredibly old ladybug because she refused to fly away after way too much man handling. Abby brought her inside and would not let her go even when we drove to a playdate.
She was really quiet for most of the drive and I finally asked her, "How is lady doing?" She whispered that she was doing great, even without her wings. Internally I was screaming "whaaaaaat?!" but I calmly said "Um. Did you pull her wings off?" This of course lead to an explanation about how this could hurt her and then tears from Abby, "I never meant to hurt her!" Oh dear.
This is pretty much how things have been going lately with our almost three year old. Challenge after challenge seems to fill our day. It's all pretty.... emotional. I'm not sure how many more definitive absolute statements I can handle ("I do not like going there!", "She is not my friend!", "Ewww! I hate broccoli!") Mercy. We need some mercy.
And that is the story of Lady, the bug. She died in very comfortable carseat with no wings. Poor thing.
Well, at least we got her picture.
518. pounding chicken without a cutting board
519. chocolate incentives
520. time for Easter prep



1 comment:
ABIGAIL
You melt my heart everytime I see you
You are a Precious Girl
Next time you catch a Lady Bug you
open your hand and blow on it
tell the lady bug to fly home to
be with her children
Love You
Grandmama
Post a Comment