Thursday, October 4, 2012

103 in October

Today is the first day that I can remember as of late when I've opened a door or window in the morning and I wasn't slammed in the face with hot air. It's actually going to only be in the 80s today. Hallelujah.

But yesterday and the day before and for many days before that, it's been hot. So hot, that we've been re-living our summer swim days with sprinklers and sunscreen.




Thankfully the kids still think it's pretty cool.

And today as Abby is as school and Ford is sleeping, I actually have an hour to myself. Which means that one bathroom got clean, the family room got picked up and I made three phone calls. Alone. I am a new person. See? That's all it takes. I tell ya, the kid's grandparents were on to something by spacing out their kids by 4 years. You are almost never at home with all kids at the same time for an entire day - all in the name of education which masks mom's sanity.

Both Abby and Mommy are loving this school thing, especially since I get her the rest of the day, all to myself.

731. the calm of one going through a storm, which calmed me
732. learning from those i thought i might teach
733. grace bigger than fear
734. friendship, no matter how far

No comments: