Monday, October 1, 2012

Fairy Party

Oh. My. Goodness. I just realized that I failed to mention the party of Abby's summer, the fairy party that she attended for her dear friend, Gracie's birthday.

Abby finally wanted to wear her tutu leotard (although she never did put it on for ballet)...and let me do some crazy "party hair" for the occasion (thanks, Target clips!)... after we found out that fairy gear was allowed.

She and bunny were ready to go!




Once we got there, we traversed through the fairy woods to where the fun was going on...


And as we waited for the guests to arrive, she got to snuggle with the birthday girl. They both look serious...but I think they are just contemplating pixie dust and the physics behind it.




Soon, Queen Laura was applying glitter to the girls' arms and legs ...



And Abby hung with the five year olds (there is a really big difference between three and five, I was reminded!) and listened to all of the interesting fairy news that she had to tell them in her perfectly (fake) British accent. Mostly, she listened really intently, bunny at the ready...


And pointed her wand when instructed....


And got pixie dust so she could fly when need be...


And they all searched for fairies high and low. According to Abby, they even saw some. Imagine that.


And she saw her pal Emerson, the birthday girls cousin...two little pint sized wonders...



And of course she had to be front and center for the candle, blowing-out situation.


It was a beautiful, magical birthday party and we both felt so blessed to be there. Happy birthday Gracie!

727. cool nights
728. ford, the incredible napper
729. learning to lower my voice when angry
730. juicing



2 comments:

Sherry said...

Amazing pictures... So precious

xoxo little grandma

Lori said...

OHHHHHHHH
How do Grandma's Get Invited To a Fairy Party
I guess I will have to have one
They Look so Beautiful
Abby & Grace's picture is unreal
Enjoy every minute they are priceless moments
What FUN for all the little angels
Love Grandmama