Is this little monkey looking old or is it just me? I am officially saying goodbye to the baby phase. It's so bittersweet.
Not only is he sleeping well (and therefore so are we!) but he's gotten insane when it comes to climbing and jumping. We went to the park with Grandmama a few weeks ago and once we got to the park, I pretty much didn't talk to her again. She was chasing Ford (she had the hard job!) and I was pushing Abby on the swings. The look on her face here says it all... she can hardly contain him. And off he goes....again. He was non stop.
And in his perfect dichotomy, a few hours later, he was picking flowers and quietly eating in the stroller. Sweet monkey. Sweet and crazy. All at once.
And lately he is loving standing at the counter while I put lunch together. It's a constant battle to keep the knives out of reach and to keep Red's nose out of his lunch (as below)...
And I think I just saw his "high school" face....
Recently he's started singing back to me when I put him to bed. "Amazing Grace or Sunshine?" I'll ask. And you never know what he'll pick. Tonight he was tired and mid-song said, "Night, night!" I kept singing and when I laid him down he clapped and said, "Yay!" as in "Mommy, enough singing. Good job! Now let me sleep."
I love this boy. Have I said that recently?
866. an intercom
867. picking up slack for each other
868. no night waking for Abby
869. thinking about birthday fun





2 comments:
I have tears in my eyes...
So sweet
Amazing how quickly
time passes and he is
into another stage of life
He is a sweet crazy guy
who we all love....:)
Lori, I'm sure is reliving
some of Grant's childhood
God is so good...
xoxoxo little grams
OH My Gosh
He is so much like Grant
Maybe a little more daring
Or maybe I was just younger could keep up
What a Love he is
I just love being with him to see what he will
do next. He is so much fun
I love he loves to sing and dance
FORD EDWARD NIEPORTE
We all love you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY big guy
Love & Hugs Grandma (Gramie) & Pop Pop
Post a Comment