I've probably posted before that every day (and by that, I actually mean several times per day) our kids either dress up or just "are" someone else.
"I'm Elsa! You be Kristoff!"
"I'm Peter Pan! You be Wendy, okay Abby?"
"Mom! You be Ursula - just don't scare us, okay?"
And after we went to the library last week
(a weekly occurrence where they have a free for all and literally throw 25 books into our bags)
they rented The Incredibles.
Dash and Violet came alive.
Superpowers and all.
Every day it's as if they forget what made up their costume the day before
and they go searching for something red in their closets.
Abby has narrowed down that this, in fact, is her Violet costume.
A pair of heart pants that she refused to even try on for the past 6 months.
She's been wearing them constantly.
At least that worked out, right? Just in time for Valentine's Day.
That girl, sometimes….I tell you.
And she's even taken to wearing Fordy's batman mask.
Everywhere.
Yet another one of Ford's Dash costumes...
Their ability to grab on to characters and not let go…
and their imaginative play because of it --
it's awesome.
Because let's be honest -- some days we all wish we were someone else for an hour or so.
1161. time out front to prune
1162. rain!
1163. a full family day with dinner downtown
1164. complete sharing from Ford when it comes to the mask


2 comments:
Too Precious...
xoxo little grams
Thank You Sharing
They are so creative
I just love it
They are both awesome
Love & Hugs
Grandmama
Post a Comment