Monday, February 10, 2014

The Contradiction



This boy is wilder and sweeter by the day.
He's a lean little lump of smiles, laughter, massive hugs and all-boy climbing and jumping.
I love the contradiction that he is.




His monkey-barring is what actually made me think we should try gymnastics.
"I can do it myself, moooooom." 
(and by the way, where did "mommy" go?)


And these tricks, too…



(#stuntdriver)


He does sit down. 
And as of late, reads my bible, saying, "Genesis 19….God! Where are you, God!"
He needs to read the end of the book, right?



Many days after a rigorous climb or dog walk or scooter adventure, 
they just need a little rest to finish their snack while I grab the mail…
especially when dressed in costumes.



Elsa from Frozen has graced us with her presence almost every day since we've seen the movie.
Here we are after seeing it the second time…



My girl is getting creative with an old Cinderella dress, a pink furry cape and Brave shoes.
Phew. Buys me a few months before "Can I get the Elsa dress?" starts...


And thanks to Grandmama, this guy can be the fire chief whenever he wants.
Because we all know that fighting fires starts with a determined face like this...




And lastly, our sweet super dog even gets to dress up sometimes.
The absolute best dog ever.




1152. super red
1153. my phone continuing to work
1154. priority mail
1155.  a full nights sleep




2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh My Goodness Do I Thank God
For Grandchildren (6)
They are all the sweetest Angels
I love everything about them all
I love their names and the little souls from
head to toe! They are perfect
Ford is so much like Grant
What fun it is to see him
He is fearless,fun and a fantastic little boy
That is our boy Ford "The Fire Chief"
Abigail is a born talent
She can sing,dance and be so creative
She is a little Love! An Awesome Little Girl
Love & Hugs
To Two Of My Angels
In Thanksgiving
Grandmama

Lori said...

Red is so special
He is a Super Dog
Sweet & loving
Love to you Red
Grandma