Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day

Ah, "Balentine's Day."

Or in other words, an excuse for mom to do crafts for preschool.
I present, the Love Bug gummy worm craft.
I admit to doing the label myself.
And stealing the idea from the web.



But the stuffing and folding (with clean hands!) were all done by Dash and Violet (see previous post).


A general assembly line over here.


Our new town has an annual father/daughter dance around Valentine's Day as well.
I signed Grant and Abby up before he could say "poker night" and have other plans.
(He was actually thrilled to go!)

It's deserving of heart hair, isn't it?
(Yes! A pinterest win!)
Can you believe she let me do it?


Note that these cute pink sparkly tights did not make it to the dance.
Right before pictures (no, this wasn't prom!) she melted down about the tights even though she'd had them on for an hour. It was a rough beginning … but thankfully it turned around.



They made it!

Here they are at the big dance after a dinner with her preschool pals...


Heart rings and cupcakes. 
Heaven, right?




Hmmm. I'm scared by this future high school face...



But thrilled to see her so happy dancing with her pals...


Some kind of "too cool" move with daddy...



And finally -- a true daddy and Abby moment.



I think she looks happy, don't you?





1165. hands that aren't so dry
1166. olympic viewing on the dvr
1167. another happy hour date night
1168. with free baby sitting



1 comment:

Lori said...

Love It All
The photo's
Ab's hair
Ab's & Ford making V Bags
What great memories
Thanks for sharing
Loved the pink tights ( maybe soak in softener)
Happy Valentines Day
Hugs & Love
Grandmama