She had a few moments of hesitation before we left ....
I'm not exactly sure what Ford is doing here with that face…but I'll let the modeling agencies know he's calling off the search for an agent.
Right about now Grant started cracking jokes about dogs eating homework...
...but once we got there, her nerves kicked in again.
We got a few pics outside ....
and then it was time for her to get in line amid the slew of boys (a 3:1 ratio!) and wait to be called in. As the wait went on and on her thoughts got the best of her, her fears of starting something new with all new people... "where's Abram, mom?" she asked. She quietly waved to us, tears forming. Turned away and tried to smile. Daddy cracked a joke, she looked away. And finally, they were called in. Head high, bravery propelling her through those doors, tears blurring her eyes. I wouldn't let myself feel anything because she was feeling enough for all of us.
So, Ford and I ran errands and did life and went to the park. And I prayed. Nothing like real life to bring you to your knees when it's 88 outside, sunny and the first day of Kindy. Without her that day, I felt like I was missing something. It has been months since Ford and I had hours alone. Despite the bickering and summer slow down, life with us all together all day long was lovely. But I did enjoy Costco with only one monkey to focus on. And I did enjoy picking her up at 3pm while Ford napped at home to get some alone time with her after her big day. "I really liked it, mom" she whispered. Can I bring gummies tomorrow during snack time?"
And voila. I was praying for a smooth transition and here she is, concerned about gummies. (sigh of relief.)
I exhaled at the end of the day and realized, for the first time in 5 years, "Oh dear. We do this 5 days in a row." So, here we go. Wish us godspeed!
1258. realizing that we never "get there" - there will be something new to pray about tomorrow
1259. an opportunity to pray
1260. closing the double doors at nap time
1261. a husband who makes us all laugh
1262. a phone call from grandmama





No comments:
Post a Comment