Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tahoe For The First Time

And from Sacramento, we went on to the beloved Tahoe. Oh, how I love Tahoe!

We missed the annual trip last year due to Abby and her upcoming surgery (which wasn't scheduled yet). I remember asking the cardiologist if we could go and he gently said, "Your daughter is in congestive heart failure. I would stick close to home." Yikes. At the time, I thought we'd be doing pretty good with an ounce or two gain in a week, we'd go into his office and unknowingly, he'd bring reality back in a big way. Congestive heart failure. What i heard was, "your daughter might die." No wonder those office visits were traumatic for me! ANYWAY, Tahoe was magnificent. Abigail had a great time sharing high chair time (and food!) with her cousin Abram (2 months younger)...


Playing with her shadow down at the lake...


Trying to crawl to the water by herself...


Sharing watermelon with Abram....


Hiking with Daddy...


and Mommy, Aunt Stacey, Uncle Ryan and Abram...


Finding rocks after a lunch of chicken and yam fries...


Going on walks every morning even though Red was back in Sacramento...


Figuring out how this key unlocks the door to the pool...


Floating in the freezing water with Daddy...


Going out to dinner and eating gelato for the first time...


Swinging on an old ski lift chair with her cousins and Uncle Bill...


44. Tahoe
45. Cold Mountain Nights
46. Unexpected old college friends mere minutes away
47. Loving our family
48. Abby sleeping in another room
49. An ear that finally "cleared" after 3 days

1 comment:

Lori said...

WOW
WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME FOR ALL
LOVED ALL THE PICTURE'S
A BEAUTIFUL CALIFORNIA FAMILY
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL
LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU
BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN & GRANDCHILDREN
LOVE
MAMA/GRANDMA