Friday, January 28, 2011

No!

We're finally at the "no!" stage. Everything is no. In fact, this morning she snuggled with us in bed for a little while and fell back asleep. In her sleep, the poor girl said "no!" about 5 times. I wonder what's going on in those dreams. Speaking of mornings, every morning we bring her in bed for a bit and she usually says "down" pretty soon. About 20 seconds later, she's either cleared off my bed side table or she's handing me my slippers saying "up! mama!" How can I resist? Sometimes she runs out of the room and Grant and I fire off our orders. "Denver Omelette!" "Whole Grain Pancakes!" She hasn't gotten to making any of it yet but I'm holding out hope. My favorite part of the morning, however, is when she says, "mornin'". It melts my tired and not-ready-to-wake-up heart.

When Grandma and Papa were here, we went to music class. One of Abby's favorite things to do. She ended up plopping down on the teacher's lap for one song -- is it any wonder that we pray for her teacher every night? Abby talks about her all week long.







147. my most favorite gift of the moment - my snuggly boot slippers
148. looking forward to all the changes that are in our short future
149. girlfriends

3 comments:

Lori said...

The last picture is so special
Can not believe how you all are holding your hands
That is a Special Keeper
Love You All
Grandma "N"

Sherry said...

How grateful Papa and I are to share time with Abby and Jilly... Such a blessing...

The Andersons said...

the triple generation picture is PRICELESS. you all look just alike! LOVE IT!!!