Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rockin' Estate Sale

Side note : This must be said so that when this changes (probably tomorrow!) I'll be able to look back and know I didn't dream it. This is worth savoring. This sleeping in till 8:30 business. The girl has been consistently sleeping for 12 full hours for the past 5 days. It means no nap mid-day for me. It means a happier mom. It means.... so many good things. Too many to name. Thank God for sleep!

Okay...back to business.

Everybody wins when Grant goes to an Estate Sale. I win because Grant and Abby go together giving me some needed alone time to shop a sale for the soon-to-be-here boy (plus he came home with a mix-matched box of silver plated flatware for me!). Grant wins because he got some paintings that he's in love with and Abby wins because she got this awesome new chair for super cheap. Even her babies enjoyed it...







And for all of you who wonder about Grant's germ thing...yes - it goes through a rigorous cleaning once it comes home. And now, she rocks with abandon while she melts her brain watching Sesame Street!

127. Grant watching Abby all day so I could go be inspired at a conference
128. being inspired to action
129. no fussing, not a peep at bed time
130. a quiet place for Grant to work that fell out of the sky

3 comments:

Lori said...

How KOOLLLLLLLLLLFor Everyone
That Chair looks interesting
I think it is from the 40's
Great Find
Enjoy Have Fun
Love &Kisses
Grandma

Emma said...

Love your cool chair and your great Cole Haan whatever it is! And 12 hours of sleep without fuss??? What a luxury!

Unknown said...

Very "neato", that chair...Got stopped though with the "soon to be here" boy comment.....?????????

GA in TN