Friday, November 11, 2011

Long and Loud and Clear

Abby is suddenly singing. And I mean constantly singing. Long and loud and clear (Mary Poppins!). I love it. Her newest is Bah Bah Black Sheep Revised.

"Bah Bah Blacksheep

Alligator Wool

Yes Sir, Yes Sir

3 bags full

One for the little girl

That lives down the street

Not lane, mom! Street!"

And when we go to Trader Joes, you can hear her from 3 aisles away. "JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!" Sorry if that offends you, shoppers. She's happy to sing/shout it out. As soon as she finds "Cap'n Jack" (this gives you the right to have a lollypop, ensuring that when you go to any other grocery store your child complains, "but they don't have LOLLIES!!!!") she stops singing and screams, "Cap'n Jack!!!! Cap'n Jack!!! He's in the frozen section! I get a lolly!"

This is how she feels when she's singing...
And at night the new "program" for bed after turning off the light consists of "Holy, Holy, Holy, mom! Then Jesus Loves Me - the wrong one- Jesus Loves Me - the right one- and then Twinkle Twinkle. Okay?" We know two versions of Jesus Loves Me and she loves to call them the "right" and "wrong" ones. I'm realizing as I write this that we do have our own little language. Hurrah the singing!!!

Book Of The Week :

The Good Humor Man -- in her collection of Golden Books.
463. all the "help" abby gives me

464. learning to love "holding" fordy when he naps while sick instead of wishing i could get the dishes done

465. our friend's daughter recovering from burning her arm - and doing great

1 comment:

Lori said...

A'ABIGAIL'
You Are So PRECIOUS!!
We Could Not Love You More
I Thank God For You
I Can See You Doing Solo's
Singing in The Church Choir Too
Your Voice Is Very Musical And Strong
You Are Gifted My Little One
Blessings And Love
In Music From Your Soul
xoxoxo
Grandmama