I am sure you will be shocked to know that Abby wanted a Rapunzel party this year. Once Grandma and Papa got here, the surprises started rolling out.... and the night before as we were setting things up, a bubble machine was introduced. It was mayhem. In the best way.
Although I refrained from having Tangled-themed cups and plates, I gave in on the Princess themed bounce house. However, my prayers were answered when they "had" to face it sideways (so didn't have to stare at the princess theme!) during the party. And, Grant was thrilled that this cool carousel sign that he bought at an estate sale got some use. Finally!
Everyone was encouraged to dress princessy (I've been assured this phase ends within 18 months!) so she got her Rapunzel dress (which was wildly uncomfortable from the way she was fussing with it all day -- but she would never admit it!) and Rapunzel shoes (also a loser -- bloody ankles-- she wouldn't admit to) as an early gift the morning of the party.
After needing some lemonade, she was ready.... (see the Rapunzel braid that Grandma made) :
Her little friend Avery showed up first. Two tiny girls bouncing away (or laying down) led to some much needed hydration...
but of course they didn't go for water...."princesses need to hydrate!"
...what is it about lemonade with a straw? Such a treat.
I had a few crafts planned -- a few spin offs from the movie -- in case the bounce house was a flop. We were skeptical. But it was a massive hit. Even for Fordy...
He was so happy to be hanging with the big kids that day..."I'm big! I'm 2!"
Not sure about this pose.... I think she's been practicing.
First up, deocrating Rapunzel braids (thank you, Pinterest! & thank you Grandma for prepping them!). Glitter glue and flowers. Those globs took over 24 hours to dry. Eeeek.
And next.... painting lanterns with "Rapunzel Paints".
Even Itty Bitty got to sit at the table with Makenna...
And Snow White took this very seriously...
Soon it was cupcake time (thank you, Etsy for the cupcake toppers)...
And here is Fordy's "cheese!" face....
After some inside play time...
And even more bouncing (mama getting in on the act!)
it was time to shut things down.
Fordy cried when Francisco came to pick up the bounce house. "Mine! Bounce. House!" Sometimes I forget the reality that comes through a 2 year old's eyes. He thought it was here to stay.
Our girl turned four.
I can hardly believe it.
Everybody says it... but it's true.
I've asked her to stay four forever.
She says she won't do it.
But she will always live at home. With me.
I'll take it.
917. anniversary shoes
918. an early, super fun night out
919. nine years. so thankful
920. a still-healthy heart
921. cow hide in the closet

















2 comments:
What a wonderful Birthday Party
Like you I can't believe she is 4!!
or that Fordy is 2!!
Praise God for her and her healthy
heart....and Ford, ... he is
a fun loving guy!!!
xoxo little grandma
Jill It Was An Awesome Princess Party
Great Job With All The Detail
Loved Everything You Are So Creative
Your Mom Did A Great Job On The Rapunzel Hair
So Clever! Liked her Special Details
The Bubble Machine Was A Great Hit
We Were So Happy To Be There
Thank You
First Time In A Bounce House
Loved It
God Bless Abby & Her Precious Heart
God Bless Ford He is Such a Great Little Boy
They Both Bring Us All Such JOY
Love & Hugs Grandmama & Pop Pop
Post a Comment