Monday, May 6, 2013

Long Lost Lily

Abby hasn't seen her friend Lily in a really long time. When I mentioned a playdate with her, Abby said, "Oh yes, mom....she's the one with the Belle dress up shoes." Ah, the things this girl remembers. She's like an elephant.

And I'm telling you...even after their hiatus, after five minutes together, these girls were best pals. Again.

Lily was dominating the play structure while Abby tentatively climbed behind her. "Mom? Mom? Can you help me down?"


Meanwhile, Ford was chasing after Luke, Lily's older brother and was almost keeping up. How is it that I keep passing off the hard job (Ford!) to someone else? Gina was chasing him like crazy.



And after the park, Miss Gina wanted to take us all to get candy. Candy! Here are the lolly-sisters now holding hands (and you'll notice pants on Abby and socks with shoes!)///


It was too cute. Sucking and licking and walking. While hand holding.

I doubt a word was spoken during "candy time".


But they sure had fun.


Can't you just see them in high school together? I sure hope so.... just like Miss Gina and me.

887. a new faucet
888. ford wanting to try kid's church and loving it
889. abby sitting through all of big church with us
890. a much-needed sleep in
891. getting to the phone to serve as intercom while i'm out working when grant is gone and the kids are asleep
892. selling (!) our baby monitor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm - love this! Miss you all! XO Katie