Monday, May 13, 2013

Show Me How Big Your Brave Is

I saw this recently and it struck a chord (no pun intended!). For those of us with daughters, isn't this your prayer? Especially in the tween years? God help me when those arrive...



And I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. Mine was filled with kisses, diapers, lots of love, breaking up arguments, taking a bath, beautiful peonies...

the best gifts a mom could ask for...

the best gifts a wife could ask for and a super impromtu dinner on the front lawn under the stars.

And, for the first time four years, Grant and I sat in church with nary a child in sight. I know. I know! I was all for putting your kids in the church program right away. Before I had kids. And then there was the "Abby can't be near germs" thing (which seemed to last forever and then we prolonged even more) and then, Fordy arrived. So, why bother putting in one if the other is with us anyway. Besides, it was winter by then. And germs were spreading.... and, well, here we are. And before I was even out of the car to unbuckle them, Abby said, "Ford. I'm going to kid's church. Are you?" "YES!" Alright. That's settled. And it was grand.

Fordy even drew me a picture in church and every time he sees it he says, "Made. It. Made. It." He's so proud. And so am I.

And today, the day after, it was ONE HUNDRED DEGREES here and so, there was water play with lots of sunscreen.









I'm so very blessed. Especially when I think back to those days when a Mother's Day for me almost "never was".... before I knew God was going to do something magnificent -- more than I could ever ask or imagine.

898. feeling really spoiled
899. watching someone serve someone else and it being a blessing
900. an almost four year old who's healthy
901. a/c that works
902. everything arriving in time
903. spf clothing

No comments: