Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring in Winter, Winter in Spring


A number of weeks ago, before Easter, even, the weather was like this :


There were sprinklers before it was actually spring.


And our friend Mackenzie came over for a "mother's helper" afternoon. And truly - it was helpful! I got to take a shower in the middle of the day. I can't remember when that happened last. The best part is that I got to hang out with her, too.


And I think Fordy had a big crush...



She even colored with them. Winner!

And then suddenly, we were back to this:









And after Easter, my birthday lunch looked like this:

Those two adorable ones got me my favorite lunch from Julienne and conspired while Ford was napping to surprise me. Champagne and all. Dessert even. My actual birthday was heavenly.


Because of course, even on this cold day, there were bubbles.


883. the perfect lunch
884. feeling blessed on my 40th
885. southern california weather
886. eggs every single day

No comments: