Friday, August 30, 2013

Huntington Gardens Summer Memories

Recently I dug out all of our "get in free" cards and found that I had a few for the Huntington Gardens. I don't think Fordy has been there as a big boy and it's been so long since Abby has been that it's new all over again. We went on a gorgeously warm day (not like the 100 degrees we've been getting lately!) and it was magical -- especially because it was the day they were doing inspections on our home and we wanted to be far, far from here! 

"If you are a dreamer, come in...." (doesn't this remind you of Shel Silverstein?)




First stop -- the fake fishies floating in fountains that spit water. Sheer amazement to the little mind. (And  nice place to cool off your feet!)


Next, these fun fountains (10 of them!) with stones in between to trample and stomp and tread. (Obviously the little lady would hop over in an attempt not to get wet whereas the boy splashed and laughed his way through)...


Unbelievable tricks with rocks. A symphony when you dropped one down this contraption...


And a nice little climbing path that leads down to the most awesome of awesome....

rainbow tunnel!

They would run through and around and through and around like wild indians while waiting for the misters, those heavenly misters (every 15 minutes if you need to know!)


And every time we go out now, Abby is really great about making new friends (which makes my heart so happy about the near future and our move....)




And we ended it with an impromptu lunch on the grass while we got dry. 



Ford's rotation of exclamations, recently...
"That's RIGHT!"
"Right, mama?"
"I want THAT!"
"ABBY did it!"
"I like hot." (weather, food, anything that I say is "too hot")

1000.  that verse on that exact day pertaining to that exact conversation
1001. knowing God has every moment of my day planned - even when I don't like it
1002. their excitement for change
1003. savoring what we have
1004. free boxes



1 comment:

Lori said...

The Huntington
One of my favorite places
Thank You
The children looked so happy
What a wonderful place to fall in love with nature
It is like tonic to see the children enjoying simple
things in life
Best things in life are free reading, love, and fun in nature
God Bless
Hugs & Love
Grandmama