Can I tell you the God-given glory of black out shades? Can I? I don't know how to express my gratitude to whomever invited them. A full hour of sleep has been regained each and every night because of those babies. And everyone is much, much happier.
While we were showing our house, we took down the blinds in much of our house and Ford's room suffered the most. Putting him down for a nap under the noonday sun was the worst. "Sleep tight!" (While you roast in the afternoon blazes!) Now his room is like camping in Yosemite 24/7. Pitch black. It's a beautiful thing.
And since we found out this move thing was happening, we've been soaking up the moments -- small, happy moments -- with friends. Could Ford and Abby be happier? (Thanks, Emi for the great pic!)
And yes, there was one Krispy Kreme moment. While mama was out of town, of course.
And quite a few bubble mania moments in the backyard since the swingset got taken down..."Mama! Where's the swing?!"
And many impromptu sprinkler sessions since we needed that new sod to stay put!
And I think I've combed her hair three times all summer. Swim hair at it's finest - with no real pool!
And I just might be guilty of some cold, delicious bribery once in awhile. Mother Moo will be sorely missed. (Organic Mint Chip (real mint and dark chocolate!) anyone?)
There is still plenty of tom foolery going on over here while we get our minds around packing...
More on that coming soon!
983. processing what's happening
984. relying on God
985. realigning priorities
986. the unbelievable importance of friendship








2 comments:
What joy to see the kids having fun!
Great pictures...
Thanks Sweetheart..
xoxo little grams
Pictures are so precious
Both children are so adorable
"Made My Day"
Thanks for sharing
Love
Grandmama
Post a Comment