Thursday, October 13, 2011
Happy Whole Heart Day, Abigail
Two years ago today I was praying my guts out and wondering if my child was going to live to see tomorrow. Isn't that strange knowing what we know today? There are so many things i didn't know 2 years ago. Like how much joy this girl would bring me. Like how loud she could sing. Like how tenacious she can be at making sure her brother doesn't get to fall asleep. Like how good God is even in the terrible-no-good-horrible times. Really good. And also...
...how crazy her hair is.
...how wonderful her messes can be.
...how much she loves to play matching games.
And, frankly, how much she likes to jump. Thank God she can jump, right? Right.
And thank God she doesn't have heartblock and need a pace maker. And thank God she got out of the NICU in 24 hours. And thank God she has no restrictions on her health. And thank God she eats like a picky two year old. Even in this, she's "normal." And I am so thankful. But if any of those things that I prayed against would've happened, I know that God would be sustaining us. But for today I'll choose to think on what is "good, what is praiseworthy."
Miraculous.
I still can't get over it.
I love you, my Abigail.
428. a whole heart
429. peace in the midst of her surgery two years ago
430. her insane love for salmon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Our Dearest ABIGAIL!
We Our So Thankful For YOU!
You Bring Us All JOY!
THANK YOU GOD IN JESUS NAME
A MEN!
GOD BLESS YOU!
LOVE & KISSES
Grandmama & PoP Pop
Attempting to type this with bleary eyes. Oh our gracious God! Miss Abby we are so grateful. Love you!
Abigail, you have no idea how much we love you and are so happy that you are so healthy. Happy Whole Heart Day!!!
Praising God for you Miss Abigail.
How we all prayed and prayed that God would have mercy on you and your parents. He gave them faith to face the unknown and courage that He was in control. That you were in His care. What a loving and merciful God we serve.
Happy New Heart Day Precious Abigail. Our hearts and prayers will always be with YOU...
Thank You Lord for giving us this precious child.
xoxo Little Grandma and Papa
You made me cry - we love you all and are so thankful we are here to celebrate her health!
oh we love her so much.
tell her rose hopes to be just like her when she gets big like abby.
xxx
Post a Comment