Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tea Party

Sunday was a lovely day for a big girl birthday party. Abby was so excited. She even got to miss her nap for this one. As you can see, she had pig tails when we left the house. By the time we got to the party, our lovely friend Hillary said she was channeling Marilyn Monroe. Nap in the car + curls + piggies out.
When we got there, Abby made a marshmallow necklace decorated with sprinkles. It melted into her dress just perfectly.
These ridiculous letters (which we got to take home!!) marked the spot where Abby was to sit for the tea party.
Right next to the birthday girl, I might add. Abby was in heaven.
Notice the little ball of pink fluff on Hillary's lap? Yep. That's Abby. Made herself nice and comfy in the center of the gift-opening action. She always seems to find her way on to a really nice adult's lap.
Since most of the girls were older, it was wonderful to meet new moms and have them instantly help out with Abby if she needed more "tea", or more snacks while I was dealing with Fordy. Plus, she felt so comfy with the big girls, she was playing with them while i stood on the other side of the yard. I realized mid-party that this doesn't happen much. She can stick pretty close sometimes in a strange environment. I think it has everything to do with the lovely family who threw the party. Abby loves them so. Happy 4th birthday Katie! 442. no "post nap wake up grumpiness"

443. getting organized

444. being reminded of answered prayer

445. freezing next weeks' dinner now

1 comment:

Emma said...

What fun! I want to have a tea party with you too Abby!