Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey In The Desert

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope yours was lovely...

Ours was a glorious time with family. We were in Palm Desert with beautiful warm weather (although not as warm as the 80 degree hot spell we came home to!) so we were able to swim. Here is Abby - first time with floaties on...
Fordy did a little swimming but sometimes we felt just like doing this. Feet up. Sun shining down. Ahhhh.
And when I dove in, Fordy got to hang with fun Aunt Stacey.
And every time I turned around, Grandma was there with another gift for the kids to open. Each and every one was apropos for the moment. A float suit for Ford and a big inflatable airplane that Abby enjoyed more than Fordy did.
Later, Abby got to open her first sleeping bag. Big news, people. Big news. It had princesses on it, too. She literally said, "I'm so excited to go to sleep in my sleeping bag!" This from a girl who never likes going to sleep. Angeles were singing. It was fabulous. So fabulous that she took naps every single day. Maybe it was the sleeping bag. Maybe it was chasing her cousin Abram around. Or maybe it was all of the swimming. Either way, winner!

Fordy's last day at the pool...
And in the great Nieporte holiday tradition, Grandma busted out some cheesecake which Abby was able to take a big spoonful of before anyone else could touch it.
And then....the next day we were off to the club for dinner. It was the second year in a row where we've done this-- no insane cooking for Grandma, no insane dishes for the guys... I must say, it was wonderful. Abby stole this pink thing from Grandma -- her name is Bernice and she sings a little song and flaps her wings. All very cute. But definitely not allowed to come to the club. Frown. She got over it.
Abby even got to eat salmon. And Ford only fussed for a minute. It was actually more calm than dinners at home. Maybe it was because of the sleeping bag. Oh no, wait... maybe it was because we went to dinner at 3:45. Yep. That was it. Maybe we should always eat dinner at 3:45. That way, everyone would be in a good mood instead of the craziness at our house at 6pm.

His first collared shirt...
Grandma and Grandpa at dinner with Fordy (this was before Abby's ice cream which was covered in m & m's which sent her into an insane sugar rush with her running around the house, stripping off her clothes and chasing her cousin and both dogs).
And finally - the four of us. Three years ago, I never would've believed this picture would be our future....
And a week ago, I also would not have guessed that Thanksgiving night would be the first time I'd sleep through the night in 6 plus months. That's what happens when you accidentally turn the monitor to the wrong channel and can't hear your baby crying at night. Sleep training got kick started and now, voila -- I don't get up at 3am!

486. being pampered by my inlaws for 3 days

487. loving watching Abby and Abram grow up together

488. sleeping from 12-7

2 comments:

Sherry said...

God is so Good... all the time... Praise Him for His many many blessings... He has gifts for us that we can't imagine... Praise His Holy Name..

Everyone looked wonderful... A little warm weather and a warm pool, makes for a great time.. Lori and Bill look great... are they getting younger, must be living in Palm Desert ???? :)

xoxo little grandma

Lori said...

Jill & Grant
What a Wonderful Thanksgiving Story
We Loved Every Moment
Thank You God For Our Family
Sons,Daughters,and Our Five GRANDCHILDREN
What Wonderful BLESSINGS They Are
Happiness I Say
Love All Of You
Thanks For Coming
God Bless All
Love & Kisses
Grandmama (Claus) & Pop Pop Ho Ho (Abby called me as she was leaving) Funny "The Girls",Gabrielle & Olivia named me that too! I Love It! Music To My Ears. I played Mrs Claus many years ago it was a
wonderful memory!