There is only one first day of school, right? I guess preschool might not count as real "school" but I just kept thinking about how monumental yesterday was. And laughing at myself because I thought it was so very silly when parents cried when they took their kids to kindergarten let alone preschool. I mean, come on. Right? Wrong. What a dummy. I didn't cry yesterday -- but I was giddy. Giddy and on the verge of tears. You know that feeling? Like on your wedding day? So happy you almost have to cry? That's how I felt, turned down like 900 notches.
For the last half of last year, Abby would cry all the way to Bible Study on Wednesday mornings. She'd really cry when we got there and then, after I left her, they'd come and find me and tell me she was fine. That she was good. Phew. And when I'd pick her up, she'd be happy and jumping around and telling me all about it. But this happened for weeks. And last Wednesday, on the first day of Bible Study, she did it again. Same thing. Crying on the way there, crying when I left her, happy when I picked her up. And so, once she realized we weren't "staying" at preschool, I expected the same response. But after some initial tears at home, she stuffed her Dora back pack full of junk.... and she headed out the door (check out the undies showing)...
And with some help from Fordy, we finally managed to all get in the car (dad included!)...
A few more sad moments and then, after this photo, she held my hand and walked into school.
We washed her hands, made sure she was talking to the one person she had met in her class and I said, "Okay, Abs! I'll be back soon to get you! Just like Bible Study!" (I thought it might help things that PreSchool and Bible Study were at the same church.)
And just like that, we had one child to care for for 3 hours. Ford and I hit the store, ran some errands and ... and... it was pretty nice. Really nice. Especially nice until I realized that "bunny!" was in my purse. YIKES! So, I rushed bunny back to her backpack hanging on the hook in class and crept out without being seen.
When we picked her up, she said she loved it. She talked about some things, kept other things to herself and I thought, "here we go... life out of my control begins" (as if I ever had control). And the big, huge news of the day was that I gave her an insane amount of sugar. More sugar than any 25 pound 3 year old should have. A clown cone. Pretty gross. And she loved it.
She adored it.
She demolished it.
Praise the Lord for good first things. I am so thankful.
710. preschool 6 minutes door to door
711. a wonderful teacher
712. forgetting everything but making it work
713. a good, good day
713. time with Fordy alone






1 comment:
What a Wonderful Life
Perfect Little Story
Picture's Are Adorable
Love The Clown Cone
So Happy she Likes School
Hugs filled with love
Grandmama
Ford will love this time too
Post a Comment